Friday, August 06, 2010

St. Lunaire - Griquet 2






As I travel around the island of Newfoundland I often photograph older buildings, especially those that seem to be in disrepair. As I pointed out yesterday, there were several structures that had disappeared completely in the six years since my last visit to St. Lunaire-Griquet.

I think the shed in the first photo is still in use but I made a couple of images of it because it may not be there the next time I visit the area. The buildings in the next three photos are obviously in a state of disrepair and it looks like they will not last too long. You can see a couple of boats that look like they too have been abandoned. I don't remember seeing those buildings the last time I was there.

On a more positive note, the wharf in the community was quite busy and there were several large fishing boats there. One of the fishermen said that they were preparing to go crab fishing, which is still a lucrative fishery in the province.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...