Thursday, August 19, 2010

L'Anse aux Meadows 11






This will be the last of the L'Anse aux Meadows series. I have enjoyed sharing the photos in the order they were taken and, according to the comments I've received, so have many of you. For the next few days I will continue sharing photos of the trip back down the Great Northern Peninsula.

The first photo shows a group of people that were gathering and waiting for a park interpreter to begin a tour. As I walked around the back of the longhouse, I made a few more photos even though it was starting to rain. The photo of the boat was taken using a 15 mm fish eye lens. If you look closely you will notice that the photo is in focus from the tip of the boat to the fence in the background. The fourth photo showing the fence was also taken with that lens. I metered off the tips of the poles to make the last photo. I wanted the wooden figure to be a silhouette and knew the scene would be dark if I exposed for the dark clouds. THis was the last photo I took at the national Historic Site.

Feel free to check out the photos I took at L'Anse aux Meadows during my 2004 visit at: http://www.lanephotography.com/lance%20aux%20meadows/lance%20aux%20meadows%20introduction.htm

No comments:

Cats

Cats I am sharing photos to my Cats 2 Facebook Album. If you like cats, you may enjoy my Cats Albums. I have provided links to both of my al...