Monday, July 26, 2010

Parson's Pond 2 - Doors








As we walked along the road in Parson's Pond, the doors of the sheds caught my attention. I photographed many of the doors, most of which I am sharing today. A few look a little odd because I was photographing them from the road, which was a couple of feet higher and that caused a little distortion in the photographs.

The grass in front of the first image indicates that the stage hasn't been used much recently. I liked the red siding and door trimmed in green. The sign, which I also liked says, Randys. Purple is an unusual colour to see in outports I have visited in Newfoundland and Labrador. Later I photographed another purple stage (fifth photo) so it may be more common in this area of the province. I also liked the green door trimmed in beige. There is something on the bottom of that door which I have never seen before. I have an idea what it might be, but I bet there are people on my list that know the correct answer. ... Let me know if you do.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...