Saturday, October 24, 2009

Technology




Today I chose to share photos of a 3.5" hard drive that had crashed at work. A friend suggested that I take it apart to see what it looked like - It was very shiny and there was not one spot of dust on it at first. Within minutes, there were numerous specks of dust so I decided to make a few photos of it right away and am sharing 3 of them with you today.

I photographed the hard drive on a windowsill that provided lots of daylight. The first three photos are the same image that was cropped from its original but the lighting made the images look black and white. I added a tint to the second and third images using Picasa 3.5 from Google. To make the last photo I shot straight down and could easily see my reflection on the shiny platter. If you look closely you can see specks of dust.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...