Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Flowers





The sun came out on Sunday for a couple of hours and I made a few photographs of flowers that are adding colour to my yard.

The first photo shows lupines which are a bonus because they are flowering in October when they normally flower in early July. I threw lupine seeds over a rocky area of the yard last summer and I assume they were late getting started this year.

This gladiolus is just beginning to flower at this late date. It won't be much longer when I have to dig up the dahlia and gladiolus bulbs and safely store them for the winter.

I am not sure what the yellow flowers are but they may be fall mums. My wife purchased these at a nursery but there was no identification card with them. Also, the last photo shows an unidentified purplish flower that was bought the same day and I'd like to know if they are perennials or not.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...