Friday, October 02, 2009

Hawaii 3






I spent a bit of time checking the island of Oahu on Google Earth and found all the areas I visited in 1980. I was amazed that my memory was so good after 30 years. This morning I am sharing photos of the Polynesian Cultural Center, a project of Brigham Young University.

The purpose of the cultural centre is to help preserve and perpetuate the more ideal aspects of Polynesian culture, and to provide work opportunities for students at the university. I spent a couple of hours there and took a roll of 36 slides. Unfortunately, I don't have more scanned so I can't share them with you. If you visit Oahu, I would recommend a visit to this attraction.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...