Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Flowers





I spent the whole day yesterday working in the yard. It was the first really nice day (sunny and cool) we've had for a while. I did take a few minutes to capture some of the hardy flowers that are still blooming in mid-October.

The first yellow margarita (I can be corrected on the identification) is still healthy after several heavy frosts. The purple daisy-like flowers are also doing well despite the much cooler weather. They still provide a place for insects to search for food.

The tiger pansies are still blooming despite their rough start in my yard. While in a pot, if they got a little dry they wilted so I planted them in good soil. For the first week or so the same thing happened and we had to water them daily. Since then they have done well and I am hoping there will be more of them next year.



No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...