Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Those Who Remember





On Remembrance Day (Veterans Day), November 11, I attend ceremonies to photograph the veterans on parade. WW2 ended 64 years ago so veterans who are still living are in their late 80s or early 90s. Yesterday I spoke to several veterans of the Korean Conflict and they are in their mid-70s. Today, we have veterans of Afghanistan and other conflicts that are occurring around the world.

Today I am highlighting young people who I photographed at Remembrance Day Ceremonies over the past few years. I added a few "special effects" to make "poster" images.

In 1981, while doing my master's degree in Educational Communications and Technology, I did a photo essay entitled "Those Who Remember". The photos I took and printed myself as part of a course were published in several magazines and newspapers at the time. I chose the title because all photographs were taken at the War Memorial and showed people who remembered the sacrifices made by our young men and women who have served our country during military conflicts.

This site is located at our school:
http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/legion/

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...