Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stained Glass Windows, St. Paul's, Halifax





I visited St. Paul's Church in downtown Halifax on an overcast day in mid-August. It was threatening to rain, so I went inside the church looking for things to photograph. I photographed most of the beautiful stained glass windows there and though I was a little worried about the dull lighting, the colours were very rich in the stained glass images.


Hundreds of years ago, before it was commonplace for everyone to read, people learned Bible stories from the stained glass windows in the churches. I photograph stained glass in all churches I visit and have a wide collection of images of "Christian stories".

1 comment:

bearkat said...

Those were really neat pics and the video was a great way to see even more! Really enjoyed the pipe organ pictures too! Have a good weekend!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...