Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Moose

Every time I drive on the highway, I keep an eye out for moose. This morning I am sharing 3 images of these large animals.

The first image shows two moose feeding on a boggy area on the Burin Peninsula highway near Goobies. These two animals were fairly far away so I used my 70-210 mm zoom lens to bring them closer. Even though it is still not a close view, I liked the result.

The second photo was taken near the Roaches Line on the Trans Canada Highway. It was taken in the early morning on my way to work. I was very lucky to have seen it standing in the middle of the highway. There are many moose/vehicle accidents in Newfoundland and Labrador every year and, unfortunately, in many cases both humans and moose are killed. This image is a reminder for people to slow down while driving on the highway, especially when it is dark.

The third photo shows a young moose on the Trans Canada Highway near Whitbourne on the Avalon Peninsula. Even though there was no problem seeing this moose during daylight hours, you will notice a car passing another vehicle in the background. When he reached the top of the hill, he saw cars stopped and a moose blocking the highway. Had it been darker, this could have been a more dangerous situation.




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...