Sunday, February 04, 2007

Child of the Universe

I've chosen two images from the scanned images I've been sorting through this weekend. I have also included an image that is a combination of the two.

The first was actually an accident. I was sitting at the breakfast table talking to Mark, who was around 2 or 3 at the time, when the early morning sunlight coming through the window behind him illuminated his hair. I took a photo knowing that it would be very dark except for his hair. There is also a little light reflecting off the shoulders. Because I was taking photos in black and white later that week, I took the colour film out of the camera and replaced it when I was finished with the b & w assignment.

The first photos I took after putting the colour film back in the camera was sunlight coming through frost on my bathroom window. I must have forgotten to advance the right number of frames because when the slides came back from the lab, both shots were superimposed giving the result in the first image, which I really liked and titled "Child of the Universe"

The second image was taken through the windshield of my car as the sun rose one cold winter morning. The image is much brighter on the left because of the angle of the sun that illuminated the thick frost on one side of the frame only. I titled this image "Creation"

Last night I combined both images and added a little more red to create the third image I am sending this morning. Either title would fit this new image.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...