Monday, September 25, 2006

Sunrise

One morning in early August, while in Corner Brook, I got up early and went for a walk. My goal was to capture the sunrise. You will see from the photos today that I was not disappointed.

The first photo was taken with my 100-300 mm zoom lens. Using this lens enables me to capture great colours, but provides a narrow view of the sunrise. I changed lenses and photographed the same scene with my 14-40 mm lens. I metered off the brightest part of the scene, which still gave nice colours, but the golden sunrise looks quite different.

I walked a little farther and saw that the clouds above looked very interesting and worth taking a photo or two. The third photo shows one view I took, again with the wide angle lens.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...