Friday, September 22, 2006

Cabbage Butterfly

The cabbage butterfly tends to get overlooked by many photographers because it is so common. I took a photograph of a single butterfly that had landed on a yellow flower (may be a variety of hawkweed). A few moments later, two butterflies that appeared to be mating flew by and landed on a leaf. The white one was doing the "flying" for the both of them. As I got closer they took flight again and flew away.

The third photo was cropped from a larger photo to let you see more details. To be honest, I don't remember seeing the black spots on the wings before, but when I looked up info on the net, I saw them there as well.

If anyone has photos of any species of butterflies that they would like published in the International Photography Gallery at Mary Queen of Peace (
http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/photo) feel free to send them with a short explanation to mqpphotos@gmail.com. Grade 4-6 students maintain this gallery.


No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...