Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dragonflies

Earlier this summer I sent photos of spiders and today I am sending a few photos of dragonflies that appear to be three different species, a red, a green, and a darker colour with bright green eyes.

The greenish one landed on a deck railing and stayed still long enough for me to take a few close-ups. The red one landed on a couple of different trees, but I was unable to get very close.

The last photo shows a close-up of the colourful eyes of yet another species of dragonfly. As I was walking through the woods, I heard a strange sound. I looked around and saw two dragonflies that were mating and I was able to take a couple of images including a few macro photos.

The first four photos were taken in Nova Scotia, but the last one was taken on the Avalon Peninsula, near Holyrood.





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...