Thursday, September 14, 2006

Roses, Gros Morne National Park

While in Gros Morne National Park earlier this summer, I photographed white roses in the early morning light. I shot several photos and tried a couple of different compositions showing the Tablelands and Woody Point in the background.

To capture the first photo, because it was a bright morning, I focused and metered off the white flowers. If I had metered off the green leaves, the white roses may have been too bright and washed out.

For the second photo, I focused on the flowers then recomposed the view to make the flowers less dominant and part of a beautiful landscape.




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...