Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Animals

The two photos I am sending today were taken this summer and, though I chose them as Photos of the Day at the time, I didn't get a chance to send them.

The first photo was taken near a fish & chips shed on the Halifax waterfront. A couple of birds were eating French fries that people dropped off their plates. I believe these birds are starlings and it was easy to get a good close-up shot. I didn't see anyone else taking photos of the starlings.

The dog sitting in the shade of a picnic table caught my attention as I walked along Salmon Cove Beach. It looked sort of funny to see all the people lying in the sun, walking or playing on the beach, running to and from the cold ocean and then see a dog seeking shelter from the only thing on the beach that was giving even a little shade.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...