Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sunrise, Cape Spear

Last Sunday I drove to Cape Spear to photograph the sunrise and was not disappointed. The photos today show views of the clouds as the light from the rising sun transformed them into scenes that reflect peace and beauty. The last photo shows a wide-angle view of the sunrise. I am glad I had a good zoom lens to capture closer views.

There were four other people at Cape Spear that morning. I spoke to two people from Toronto who had gotten up early enough to witness the sunrise from "the most easterly point in North America". Another photographer, shooting with professional camera equipment, was there. The fourth person was sitting on the rocks behind everyone, watching the sun rise.

Once the sun came up, they all left. I photographed the waves for quite a while. I will send some of those photos tomorrow.





No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...