Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Red Fox

I also photographed a red fox while visiting the Salmonier Nature Park this week. The fox caught a mouse or shrew and played with it, much like a cat plays with its prey. The photos today show the fox walking through a field, then standing on two legs with the shrew in its open mouth, then jumping high into the air and pouncing on it. This is animal behaviour I have never witnessed before.

Years ago, I refused to photograph animals in cages at zoos, but in later years I can see the value of providing opportunities for people to actually observe animal behaviour. I believe the animals at the Salmonier Nature Park are there because they had been injured or orphaned and have been rescued because of the workers at the Park.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...