Friday, July 14, 2017

Cape St. Mary's, 2002














Cape St. Mary's, 2002

In 2002, I visited Cape St. Mary's, located on the Cape Shore on the southwest Avalon.  I was shooting with my Olympus C-2100UZ, a 2.1 megapixel camera (If your phone has a camera, it is probably higher resolution than that). Despite the low resolution (it was top of the line in those days), photos I took with that camera have been been published as covers of magazines and enlarged to 16x20"   It was a decent camera and I took lots of photos with it, including the ones I will share over the next few days.

Today's photos were taken during the walk to Bird Rock, which you can see in the distance.  The white on the cliffs are northern gannets.  Of course, Cape St. Mary's has one of the largest colonies of northern gannets in North America.


If you would like more information about the most accessible and one of the best sites for viewing nesting birds in the world, go to http://www.flr.gov.nl.ca/natural_areas/wer/r_csme/

For more images of the northern gannets visit my gallery - http://www.lanephotography.com/gannets/gannets.htm 


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...