Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter 8
















Winter 8

As you can imagine, I have many photos of trees in winter,  Today I chose 16 to share with you and all were taken on the Avalon Peninsula.  They were taken over the 32 years I have lived in this area of the province.


No matter how you feel about winter, you may see a hint of beauty in these images.  As I said in previous posts, I see and photograph the beauty of winter.  In fact in 1982, I submitted images to the Art Gallery of Newfoundland and the head curator at the time said that my strongest images were winter and flowers.  She decided to mount an exhibition of my Winter photos for a B & W Exhibition at the Grand Falls Arts and Culture Centre,  This was a natural place to hold the show because most of my winter images at that time were taken in Central Newfoundland.

In case you are wondering, winter hasn't arrived here yet this year.  Today the temperature was 15°C (60°F) and after several days of these warm temperatures some plants have started to grow.  If it keeps up. I'll have to weed my gardens.  : )

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...