Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pelicans























Pelicans

I have photographed brown pelicans every year I have visited Florida.  I love watching them glide over the beaches, sometimes alone and other times in a flock.  It wasn't until this year that I had a chance to make close views which made me realize how different looking the individual birds really are.

The first seven photos on my Blog show one bird take off then dive again almost immediately. While the pelicans a beautiful fliers, they look very awkward when diving and hitting the water. 


You will notice how different the pelicans look when in the water. Their head feathers are very different!

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...