Thursday, December 18, 2014

Winter 12 - Seals














Winter 12 - Seals

This will be the last of the seal photos for now.  Today's images were taken in Conception Bay, 4 near the shore and the rest from a boat near Bryant's Cove.

Each time I see seals sunning themselves on the ice, I am in awe of how well insulated they must be to keep warm in the cold ocean water and then to climb out of the water into the frigid air of winter.

The seal on a large chunk of iceberg got nervous as our boat approached and I thought that it was going to dive into the water.  However, it just moved around a bit and I was lucky to get a few shots of it with a couple of different boats in the background.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...