Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas 3










Christmas 3

As I said on Day 1 of this series, I have shared many of the photos of Nativity Scenes in the past few years.  I hope you don't mind seeing them again.  Of course, the Christmas story hasn't changed so the images are relevant every Christmas.

We are approaching the Winter Solstice - the shortest day (hours of sunlight) in the year.  I like this day because from now to June, the days get longer.  When I was still working I noticed this because every day it would be lighter during the drive home.  These days I notice it if I am outside, which I have been quite often over the past couple of weeks.

Last summer, the northern wild raisin shrubs behind my house died off and I cut many of them down.  I piled them in a convenient spot with the intention of burning them later.  When the weather was right, I looked for a place to burn them and was surprised by the number of dead and fallen trees around 50 feet from the house.  I chose a spot and decided to clean up the are so it would be easier to get around.  I've been having fires most afternoons this month and the area now looks much more open.   Hopefully it will be a clear afternoon and I can note how low the sun is in the sky, then, over the next few weeks, watch it climb higher every day.


Of course, it is the opposite for those of you who live in the Southern Hemisphere.  :)

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...