Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quaker House 8






Quaker House 8

The first photo shows a couple of the objects I shared photos of yesterday on the mantle of the large fireplace in the kitchen. You will also see the bunches of dried herbs hanging from the ceiling as well as more jars, mugs and other items common in kitchens long ago.

As I photographed the kitchen I liked the shadows created by the herbs that were hanging from the beams. I mentioned yesterday that I dry herbs that grow in my yard, however, I don't hang them in my kitchen, but dry them in flat containers stored above the cupboards.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...