Friday, September 23, 2011

Burin Peninsula 10










Burin Peninsula 10

This morning I am sharing more images of the fishing stages in Fortune, the last in the series of photos I took on the Burin Peninsula on the first day of our trip. Tomorrow I will start sharing the photos I took on the second day. Even though we drove around the loop and through several communities between Fortune abd Burin, it was so foggy that we couldn't even see houses along the street.

The first photo shows the door of one of the stages with a sweater with a Boston Bruins logo proudly displayed. I am not sure if the owner, obviously a Boston fan, painted his shed the same colour as the logo, or if it was a coincidence.

The second photo shows the position of the stages in relation to the wharf. Of course I walked along the wharf which gave a great view of the front of the stages. These views are normally not available unless you are in a boat.

I liked the yellow boat and green shed and shot a couple of different views. You can see the road and houses in the background. The first images I took of the stages were from the road as I walked along.

You suggested two possible reasons why the window was located in the top corner of one of the stages I shared yesterday. Both were interesting and I thought I'd share them today.

I think he put that window up there cus if they pull a boat up beside the building the only place they would be able to see past the boat is at the end of the building, so thats where they put the window.

... re the high window, if you count the courses of clapboard I think there are 13 and probably about 6" each, so the building probably only has about 6 foot head room.. perfect for looking out.... maybe the people who built the shed are short statured also...

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...