Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bees






I must have planted allium bulbs when I first moved to my house in the fall of 2007 because every year a few plants grow near my back steps. The large purple flowers on top of a single stem attract bees. This year there seem to be more bees around than over the past few years - which is a good thing since they are responsible for much of the pollination that occurs in this part of the world.

Today's photos were taken with my 75-300 mm lens and later cropped. The closest I can focus with that lens is approximately 4 feet. It was cloudy when I took these images so there is no harsh lighting. I saw three bees on this particular flower, but by the time I got my camera, two had already left. Bees don't stay still very long on many types of flowers, but they do like this one and stay around a while. You can see that this bee moved around a bit while I was making photographs of it.



No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...