Sunday, March 07, 2010

Fortress of Louisbourg 5





The photos yesterday showed soldiers firing muskets in a square and the first photo today is a view of that square from the opposite angle. For safety reasons, no visitors were allowed at this location when the ceremony was taking place. This image will give you an idea how large the the square and building are. The only photos I took inside this building was in the Chapel. It is located behind the big windows to the right of the image.

The gardens were interesting, but it wasn't until two years later when I was trying to figure out what to do with the septic field in my new yard that I decided to build a series of raised beds similar to those in the photo. The only difference is that I used rock borders instead of sod.

The lady in the third image posed for me and the natural light coming through a window provided plenty of light for the photo, in fact, the white blouse reflected too much light off her left arm. The gentleman with the pipe has a totally different costume than others and the last photo shows dishes and other glassware from the time period when the French inhabitated the Fortress of Louisbourg.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...