Monday, November 02, 2020

Carving Spoons











Carving Spoons

 I visited Ross Farms twice in the past few years and this morning I landed on my Carving Spoons Folder.  Ross Farm is a working museum and the people there work as they did in the 1800's.  In those days, they had to make many of their own utensils.  

Interestingly, the man told us that he was making the spoons for props in a movie.  I think it was Mutiny on the Bounty, and that ship sunk in Hurricane Sandy in late 2012.  I photographed The Bounty in the spring of 2012 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

You can view all the Carving Spoons photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=kbrucelanetravel&set=a.1282199875286311

Feel free to share! 

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:


 

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...