Sunday, June 25, 2017

Voisey's Bay, 1996







Voisey's Bay, 1996

For the next few days, I plan to share a few images from a trip to Voisey's Bay in 1996.  I was hired to photograph "Helicopters at Work" and had a helicopter pilot who took me up every time another helicopter was doing a job such as moving supplies from one drill rig to another, dropping supplies on a ship, or bringing drill cores from drill rigs to base camp. 

I enjoyed flying in a helicopter with the door off and leaning out to make photos.  I had a seat belt around me and another around my camera bag.  I was shooting colour film for the job but shot a few slides with my back-up camera.  I am sharing images from the slides I shot.  The negatives were provided to Canadian Helicopters along with a complete set of prints from the job so I can't scan them.


If you worked in Voisey's Bay in 1996, prior to the start of mining, you may recognize the camps in today's photos.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...