Sunday, June 04, 2017

The Matthew










The Matthew

On June 24, 1997, The Matthew, a replica of John Cabot's ship which he sailed into Bonavista Harbour in 1497, sailed into the same harbour, 500 years later.  It was a cold, wet day and I was privileged to be one of the photographers allowed into the area where the ship would land.  Security was high because there were many politicians including The Queen. 

Even though the weather was so bad, there were still thousands of visitors who wanted to share the historic occasion.

Over the next few days, I plan to share some of the photos I took that day.  The images are from scanned Kodachrome slides.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...