Thursday, January 07, 2016

Winter Abstracts

Snow on Windshield



Ice



Icy Bog

Sunlight through Icy Windshield

Early Morning Light on Fresh Snow

Winter Abstracts

In the winter of 1988 I was still shooting slide film and every image cost me around $0.60 each. As I scan photos from then, I realize that I didn't really consider the cost. I drove around "looking for pictures" and anything that caught my attention was a subject for a photo. I photographed ice and snow during our long winters and have many images.

The first photo shows snow and ice on my windshield.  I liked the shapes and textures in the scene.

The next three were taken on the Conception Bay Highway near Seal Cove. The sun reflected off a small shrub covered with ice and I stopped the car, walked up a small side road and took 3 images. As you would expect, it was a very cold day!

The next three were taken along the Salmonier Line in Holyrood - there was a lot of ice created when a small brook flooded the bog around it.

I was starting the car before scraping the ice-covered windshield and took a minute to photograph sunlight coming through.

I noticed the interesting lighting and long shadows on freshly fallen snow created by the rising sun and made an image before heading off to work.




Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...