Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Waves - Flatrock 3













Waves - Flatrock 3


Today's photos were taken of waves in Flatrock on March 27, 2005 during high waves.
As you have seen over the past 3 days, the waves were huge.

When I see large waves like this I think of the power of water to erode the cliffs and it reminds me of a poem by Newfoundland poet, E. J. Pratt:

Erosion

It took the sea a thousand years,
A thousand years to trace
The granite features of this cliff
In crag and scarp and base

It took the sea an hour one night,
An hour of storm to place
The sculpture of these granite seams
Upon a woman's face.


Comments are welcome!



Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...