Friday, January 02, 2015

Ridley Offices










Ridley Offices

During the summer of 1987 I was in Harbour Grace and stopped to make photos of an old stone building.  I was outside the fence trying to get a good view when a lady invited me into the yard.  She was having a cup of tea offered me one, which I drank with her as we chatted for some time about the house.

I don't remember her first name but she was the wife of former Senator Eric Cook who had died the previous year.  She was a very nice lady who gave me a tour of the inside of the house and told me to take all the photos I wanted.  It was too dark inside to take many photos with my ISO 25 slide film and I remember wishing I had taken my flash that day.

I also remember making photos of the outside of the house and closer views of the roof (which wasn't in the greatest shape at the time), the chimneys, doors, windows, plants, fence and the furniture in the garden.  I am glad I did, because the next time I drove by there, it had changed quite a bit. It was designated a Registered Heritage Structure in 1990, three years after I took the photos.


For the next couple of days I will share the photos from that day and they will be in the order they were scanned, not the order they were taken. 

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...