Monday, January 05, 2015

Ridley Office 4










Ridley Office 4

This is the last in the series of the Ridley Office in Harbour Grace and again today you can see Mrs. Cook pouring tea in her back yard.

Interestingly, yesterday I received a letter from the current owner of the property.  I thought I would share it with you:

Good Evening


I am so happy to have found the photos of Ridley Office, and Mrs. Cook, I was amazed to see them. and often wondered about her garden I am hoping to reproduce that garden. I now know what it looked like. Thank you ... I am saddened by all the boats around me too, and there has been damage done to Ridley Office by the vessels repair facility next door.

When they started ship breaking 60 tonne vessels next to Ridley. It breaks my heart - it has to stop ! it is difficult to restore a building that is constantly damaged by them. Council. Environment, will do nothing to help and ignore my letters of complaint I am hoping to start the roof this spring /summer but fear the constant vibrations will damage Ridley further. Do you have anymore photos to share? I would love to see them I will be in Harbour Grace this spring and summer please drop by for a visit

Here is a slide show of Ridley restoration interior
http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?
sendevent=4d7a6b304f4459784e6a4d3d0d0a&blogview
=true&campaign=blog_playback_link&partner=google


Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...