Saturday, December 15, 2012

Venice Gondolas 1
















 Venice Gondolas 1

When most people think of Venice, the image of gondolas comes to mind. Historically, gondolas were the chief means of transportation in Venice but today they are used for providing rides for tourists.

Today's photos show the gondolas travelling the canals and I composed the shots so there were no water taxis, water busses, or other boats in the background. In reality the canals are full of boats and, for the life of me, I can't figure out how there aren't collisions. If you refer to my Venice Grand Canal Gallery from 2011, you will get an idea of how busy it really is. Here's the link if your're interested. http://www.lanephotography.com/places/Venice/Grand_Canal/grand_canal.htm

My Newfoundland and Labrador Photo of the Day this morning is King's Point, Green Bay. I've added 7 photographs of this community that were taken in 1971-1973.



NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
LINK OF THE DAY





Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...