Thursday, January 05, 2012

Little Harbour East






Little Harbour East

There are at least two towns called Little Harbour East in Newfoundland and Labrador. The photos today were taken in the town that is located on the Isthmus of the Avalon Peninsula in Placentia Bay. I haven't been to the town of the same name on the Burin Peninsula.

It was a very overcast day in late July, 2009 the last time I visited this town with the intention of making photographs, There were still quite a few fishing stages and lots of fishing boats to photograph and most of them were in decent condition. I've only photographed this community a couple of times in the 30 years I've lived on the Avalon. It is an hour's drive from my house and I always passed by the access road that takes you to the town. To be honest, there was no sign indicating the distance from the Trans Canada Highway to the town and I was always too rushed to explore. Once, while driving by, I decided to visit and was sorry I hadn't done it before because of the photo ops there.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...