Monday, January 02, 2012

Deer Lake








Deer Lake

I've had a request for photos of Deer Lake on the west coast of the island of Newfoundland. I visited Deer Lake nearly every year since 1980 when our friends moved there from Grand Falls. I am sure I have lots of slides of that area of the province, but they haven't been scanned. However, I do have a few photos I am sharing today.

The first shows the Humber River and the old Nicholsville Bridge which was closed a few years ago. There are others that show a view of the long, sandy beach. One day I saw a few kids climb the bridge and I waited for them to jump. One image shows three of them just as their feet were about to enter the water. The photo of the Power Plant was taken from my friend's boat.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...