Monday, December 07, 2009

Twillingate Lighthouse







The "Twillingate" Lighthouse located at Long Point in the town of Crow Head. Like many lighthouses I have photographed around Newfoundland and Labrador, this one is located high above the ocean on a steep cliff.

These photos were taken the same day as those in the Twillingate series that I have been sharing over the past 10 days. As you can see in the first photo, the sky was starting to clear as I photographed this interesting lighthouse which had recently been painted bright red. The house attached to the lighthouse was scraped and also awaiting a fresh coat of paint.

I photographed this lighthouse a few times in the 1970s and am hoping to come across an image or two as I continue to scan my slides. When I do, I may share them with you.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...