Sunday, December 06, 2009

Twillingate 10






The last of the Twillingate series shows red buildings that I photographed in the area. This is a common colour for stages and outbuildings all around Newfoundland and Labrador.

The purpose of the Twillingate series was to let you see the types of photos I look for when I drive through small communities in rural areas of our province. Even though it was an overcast day for the most part, I was able to make 500 photos in 3.5 hours. The sky started to clear just as we were leaving the town, but I managed to capture a few interesting images despite the dull day.

Several of you have let me know that you enjoyed seeing the Twillingate series and I promise to do another community series soon. Tomorrow, I will share images of the "Twillingate" Lighthouse located at Long Point in the town of Crow Head.



No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...