Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Moose



I seems like quite a few of you enjoyed the guessing game I sent on Saturday. From time to time I'll do other photo games. :)

On Monday, I went to Cape Spear to check out the whales that are feeding offshore. I saw lots of whales, but they were fairly far off shore and I didn't get many photos of them.

On the way back, I saw a young moose wandering down the highway. I grabbed my camera and took a photo just as a car came around the curve and the moose was running towards me. I took another few photos as it headed down Maddox Cove Road and then into the trees.

You can see how tall the moose is compared to the vehicle in the background. Drivers in this province have to be extra careful when driving on our highways at night.

1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi bruce......your photo contests are fun....i will have to be more observant!......i was also amazed at how large the moose are...i remember coming across one along the side of a quiet road in jasper, and had stopped my car just to watch it......have a great day! :)

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...