Thursday, November 22, 2007

Witless Bay Line

This morning I chose two photographs taken on the Witless Bay Line, about 15 minutes drive from my house. I visit this area several times a year to capture the barren landscape. There are many small ponds and lakes in the area and all of them have large glacial boulders (also called erratics). On one calm morning, I took some time to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet, enjoying the reflections and still water.

That morning, I took many photos of the boulders and their reflections. The first image this morning shows a lake, with the barren landscape in the background. The second is a closer view of a couple of rocks. It reminded me of the Japanese gardens (with rocks and sand) that are used for meditation and prayer.

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends.



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...