Saturday, September 15, 2007

Garden Mums

Last evening I photographed the first yellow blooms on a garden mums plant. If all the buds on this plant bloom, we will have a beautiful bright yellow bush for the next month or so. When I looked more closely, the flowers reminded me of dandelions when they first start to bloom.

Again today, I started with a wide shot, then a closer view. The third image was cropped from the second. I find that by looking more closely at the things around me, I see them differently. Capturing the images with a camera, helps me share their beauty with over 750 people on my Photo of the Day list.





1 comment:

bearkat said...

hi bruce...loved the sunrises...no one is ever the same!! and there is something about those rays :)..moose are an elusive creature...reminded me of Jasper...and loved the mums...we always used to give Mom a potted mum for here birthday in October...and she often kept it inside over the winter and Dad would plant it in the spring...gave the warm fuzzies thinking about it..THANKS!!!!

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...