Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Black-eyed Susans

On the anniversary of 9/11 I feel like sharing a little of the beauty in the world. A friend brought us some black-eyed susans several years ago, and each year in late August, the flowers brighten up my back-yard.

To capture these images I lay on the ground and shot up into the sky while focusing on the flowers. I really liked the contrast between the yellow flowers and blue sky, especially with the sunlight filtering through the petals.

If, on this sad reminder of an extreme example of violence towards fellow human beings, you see that there is still beauty in the world, it may make the day a little brighter.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

Hi Bruce...there is the old saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder..i think there is beauty in everything if we want to see it! :) I am so enjoying seeing your photos...loved the black eyed susies..or brown eyed ones as they are here....reminded my of when we were kids and we used to take sunday afternoon drives...there was the one little country road where the brown eyed susans bloomed profusely :) ..thanks again!!! have a great day!

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...