Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Red Shoudlered Hawk

As I was walking around the outskirts of Citrus Park, I heard a hawk overhead. A few people who were living there told me there was a nest with a baby about 40 feet high in a huge pine tree. I could barely see the nest, let alone the baby hawk.

A few days later, as I was passing the same area, I saw a hawk fly into the tree with a small animal in its mouth. I walked around until I could get a view through the branches.

Once again, this is a challenging situation to photograph. With all the branches and sticks, it was very difficult for my auto focus to find the right subject. I had to use manual focus for many shots of the 190 photos I took of the hawks.




No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...