Monday, May 28, 2007

Old Road

When I was growing up in Grand Falls the path in today's photos was actually a road. Last summer while visiting my home town. I went for a walk and was surprised to see that it had grown over except for a narrow walking path. It is hard to believe that when I first had my driver's license, I drove down this road often.

It does indicate, however, the resilience of Nature. Pavement cracks, plants start to grow, and eventually plant life will take over completely. You can see in the photos that whoever owns the property near the top of the road has mowed and maintained a lawn, but further down the owner(s) have let it go "wild".




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...