Saturday, January 27, 2007

People and Dolphins

Looking through photos I took in Florida last Spring with the second blizzard of the week battering the island of Newfoundland, I found myself looking forward to my next visit there. I thought I'd remind the people on this list who are experiencing winter that in a few months, we will also be "warming up".

The photos today show "sea-dooers" who slowed down to observe a couple of dolphins at fairly close range. Of course, I am always interested in getting photos of people and animals so I took lots of boats, people on beaches, birds and the dolphins. I observed that everyone who saw the dolphins took time to enjoy them frolicking and feeding in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

I wonder if there is anyone on this list who doesn't (or wouldn't) like to observe sea mammals such as dolphins, porpoises or whales.



No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...