Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Doors

St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador is an ideal location to photograph doors and windows. The colourful houses in the downtown provide excellent opportunities to photograph hundreds of doors in a short walk around the streets.



Yesterday's posters forced many of you to think about your perceptions as you viewed two very different photos. Some of the common words that came to many of you are listed below. Many people who responded made comments about the photos and my attempts at "teaching" the people on my list to "see" the world in a different way. The photos also evoked fond memories. I am also including a couple of comments. Sorry I can't put them all on line. If you would like your comments to be viewed by others, there is a Comment section under each day's photos on my Blog -
www.kbrucelane.blogspot.com. Thanks again for your input.

  • beauty
  • quiet
  • amazing
  • serene
  • delicate
  • beautiful
  • calming
  • happy
  • awe-inspiring
  • "Wicked"
  • "Neto"
  • breathtaking
  • homesick. (You really do not know what you got till its gone.)
  • My first word upon seeing the sunrise at Deer Lake was not a word, it was an intake of breath ... so I guess "breathtaking."My first thought upon seeing the rose was of my grandmother. She has an old rose bush in her garden in western Newfoundland, which she had grown from a cutting from her own mother's garden in Trinity
  • I'm really thankful to be receiving these photographs. I have saved those I like the most and browse through them every so often. They never fail to make me realize what a beautiful world this is - especially Newfoundland!

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...