Saturday, October 07, 2006

Point Pleasant Park, Halifax

Thanks to all the people who identified yesterday's flower. ALL people who responded identified it as Queen Anne's Lace. I learned a lot about the plant including that it is a member of the yarrow family and that it is expensive in California because it doesn't grow there. It is the favourite flower of several people on this list.

In Point Pleasant Park, Halifax, there is a huge anchor on display. The first photo shows the walking trail with the anchor in the distance. You can see 5 people looking at it. As we moved closer, I walked around so the sun illuminated the anchor. In the distance, you can see the faint outlines of huge cranes on the waterfront. Most of you will remember a sequence of photos in the last month or so that showed the cranes.

The final photo this morning is a cannon pointing out to sea. I assume these cannons were used for protecting the entrance to the harbour in the past.

I am going away today, so the Photo of the Day will be late tomorrow.




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...