Thursday, October 12, 2006

Crystals

I have been photographing rocks and minerals for many years. Today's photos were taken at the Johnson Geocentre in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, when I visited it in Late August. I believe the crystals are gypsum and halite. The original images were quite different because they were taken indoors under artificial light and behind glass.

I used Microsoft Digital Image Pro to adjust the lighting and contrast as well as make the backgrounds black. I usually use Corel PhotoPaint to manipulate images, but was trying this program to see how it compared. Digital Image Pro has most of the same tools as PhotoPaint, but I found it a little less flexible and more cumbersome. This is probably because I know PhotoPaint so well.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...