Saturday, July 22, 2006

Winterton, Trinity Bay

My mother was born in Winterton, Trinity Bay and I have visited there many times over the years. When I was a young boy of 10 or 11, I remember walking around the town (which seemed much bigger then) with my new Kodak Hawkeye camera looking for good photos. I realized that I haven't changed much; here I am 47 years later still doing the same thing.

On Thursday, it was such a beautiful day that I wanted to capture the peaceful town and calm ocean. The second photo shows the mouth to the harbour. The land in the distance is the Bonavista Peninsula and you will see how calm it is on Trinity Bay. The third photo shows the part of the town showing the location I took the first photo.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...